Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Rene!

Today is my grandma's 90th birthday...It is so crazy that she is 90...I just wish she would be able to remember any of it at all....See my grandma has Alzheimer's. She has had it a long time. She has slowly gotten worse over the years, to the point she can't take a shower by herself and really doesn't know how to eat a sandwich :(   It is so ironic to think that a class valedictorian would lose her ability to think and remember. My grandma was such a smart lady...One thing she hasn't lost is her ability to be stubborn ;)  I wish that she could somehow remember this party, one that a lot of her grandkids, great-grandkids and all 3 of her sons will be at. One thing is for sure is that I will take lots of pictures. I hope she had a great day and I hope that this will be one memorable time for my family. Here is a picture of her as a young lady and last year when she was 89....She sure looks a lot like my dad does :)




No comments: